Business Development Representative
Arx is seeking a Business Development Representative to join our sales team. In this role, you will identify prospects and leads through telemarketing and use of Arx CRM system. The Business Development Representative will work in a fast-paced environment to support essential operations of the Sales organization. This position will be located in the Auburn Hills, MI office (except while remote operations continue during COVID protocols) and work closely with the Sales and Sales Support teams to support the day-to-day operations of the team. This is a great position for you if you have solid phone and persuasion skills and want to break into the world of business-to-business sales.
Work with our Arx team! The Arx software platform delivers accessible technologies for law enforcement, where data is clearly seen, easily analyzed and appropriately acted on. By helping provide solutions that improve efficiency and response time, you can help serve our citizens and those that protect them and make communities safer.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Sales Team for focused prospecting to assist in uncovering potential opportunities and create a pipeline of qualified opportunities
- Make cold calls to public safety prospects and provide calling support for marketing campaigns within territories
- Maintain Hubspot CRM with competitor information/contact/statistics
- Develop understanding of the competitive landscape in the market and Tyler messaging around assigned software product lines
- Develop general knowledge of Arx software and the key differentiators against competitors
- Work with leadership on reporting to provide visibility of Business Development activities
- Assist with updates to sales intelligence, competitor profiles and other competitive intel requests
- Monitor and report on follow up of qualified leads by Sales reps
- Develop effective prospecting skills
- Develop knowledge of territory, key competitors, existing Arx opportunities/ relationships, client satisfaction, and key messaging that will lead to meaningful interactions with potential prospects
- Partner with sales operations and marketing in updating CRM records to achieve campaign, marketing, analytic and data governance goals
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated accounts.
- Achieves objectives defined by Arx leadership
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet Arx standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or relevant Business or Information Technology field.
- Professional phone demeanor; prior phone and/or customer service experience strongly desired.
- Previous sales experience a plus
- Ability to occasionally travel to trade shows, sales conferences and other sales-related events.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and manage projects through to completion; a focus on deadlines and details.
- Prior exposure to technology/software sales is helpful.
- Experience with Hubspot CRM a plus
- Solid knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Support various corporate needs, both internally and externally, across the company. From Marketing to Finance to IT and Human Resources, you can work on Arx-wide initiatives to support our employees, clients, stakeholders, and the public sector.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check